February 16, 2009

Shoes Shoes Shoes

Well i'm too poor to get new shoes and not wastefull enough to thow them out so i decided to reinforce the stitching on my shoes.

It all started when i deceded to go against my nature and buy a pair of nice white shoes. Something i don't normally do because it goes against my subconscious desire to only invest in things that are functional. White shoes got dirty way too fast and they are just a mess to keep clean but because i just looked so good in them i couldn't stop my self.

Soon after i discovered a problem, I liked these shoes way too much. I wore them every day because they match my favorite white feather coat and they are realllly comfey. So as expected they became soiled and i did what i thought was the only way to get them completely clean... put them in the washer.

I did some reasurch and i found a breakdown of how shoes quality compare with price. It turns out you will get about a year for every $75 you spent on a pair of shoes. Ex. Those shoes were $80 so they should only last a year.

Back to the story... when they came out of the washer one of the tongues completely tore off and the stitching on the rim of both were unraveling >>_<<. So i did what only came natural... I pulled out my pliers and sewing kit and went at it.

I'm happy with the final product. They are super reinforced now and i even changed the laces to brown instead of white (it takes emphasis off the minor wear on the white of the shoe)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment